Friday, October 27, 2006

Gamine 4 Pack Released Today

According to the wikipedia, "gamine is a French word, the feminine form of gamin, originally meaning urchin, waif or playful, naughty child." Over the past 100 years or so, it's come to mean something more. The gamine that most people know is a woman who displays little girl qualities, often a bit impish but also has a subtle seductive quality. Well known gamine figures include Mary Pickford,Audrey Hepburn, Mia Farrow, and Audrey Tautou. We drew our inspiration for the gamine look from these women. We paired a classic thick cat's eye liner and bare, natural lid, with a dreamy modern high-gloss lip. I'm particularly proud of the high gloss lip. Since our first Tete line, CJ has been working on creating a true lip gloss similar to Mac Lip Glass. Given the nature of the medium, it was a great challenge. We don't like to toot our own horns (especially the modest and oh so polite Mr. Carnot) BUT....I think it's the best darn lip gloss in SL. The skins come in four different lip glosses, all paired with the thick cat's eye liner.

2 comments:

CronoCloud said...

I am but a simple soul:

Pretty! Shiny!

Nice "gamine" ad, but I did like the one in the house too.
I am so pathetic as a makeupista, I have only 1 MAC lipglass.

Miriel Enfield said...

Bleah, spammers!

And I know I've said this in world, but I love these skins. The gloss is just amazing, and I really, really appreciate the nude lip color.