Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Work in Progress: Allure Biba


I've mentioned before that the late Kevyn Aucoin has been a huge source of inspiration for many of our makeup looks at Fleur. One of my favorite looks of his was the Biba which inspired a Vivant skin by the same name.








The Biba makeup has always been one of my favorites from the line and apparently a lot of my friends miss it too. Then a few days ago, Achariya posted a look using Biba and we've had a number of requests for the skin. I thought it would be a good time to update the look and fit it to our allure line.



















I pulled the shadow in a bit closer to the corner of inner eye so it's closer to the inspiration look. I also tried to extend the shadow further up and out in the area above the crease. The changes are very subtle to the eye but it was a huge struggle to accomplish. As anyone who is familar with that area of the avatar mesh will know, it's a very difficult area to work with. I struggled to extend it and keep the shadow from getting messy or get kinked. I also went and added a little bit more blush and toned down the highlight in the center of the lid. I'd love to hear some feedback from you all and maybe even suggestions on the color combos for other versions of this makeup look.

2 comments:

Auntykuro said...

:o ! WOW ! Thank you, Miss Roslin!

Anonymous said...

It looks lovely, can't wait to try it on!